The Great City of El Paso
A great El Paso vacation is hard to find these days. That is because most of the tourists from all over the world are busily enjoying their holidays in hot spots like the Bahamas, Aruba and even Bermuda.
What makes an El Paso vacation truly special? This question is important since a vacation to the warm and sunny city has become something of a craze nowadays. Hence, you can expect your next vacation to include some El Paso vacations.
There are several ways in which you can enjoy a memorable vacation in El Paso. First, you can choose a destination where you can spend some time visiting. Another possibility is that you may visit the border town of Nogales.
If you are planning to visit the city of El Paso, your first priority should be to get a hotel accommodation at the Juarez Martínez Hotel. This is one of the best hotels in the city that offers excellent and comfortable accommodations. You can enjoy your stay here with so many amenities including laundry facilities, self-catering apartments and panoramic views of the city.
- What makes a visit to El Paso even more memorable is the many festivals that are held here during the course of the year. The five major festivals in the city are La Fiesta del Norte, Fiesta de Las Americas, La Fiesta del Tequila, Fiesta de Los Pulgas and La Fiesta Del Sol. These festivals are mostly organized by the Texas State Fair Commission, and they are fun for all.
- Another way in which a trip to El Paso can be unforgettable is by visiting the gorgeous city parks. Many of the parks in the city are enormous and beautiful. They have picnic tables, playgrounds, a lake, a bridge and much more.
- Among them, the Fort Bliss Parkis the most beautiful, as it is an ideal place to go for a romantic picnic or to enjoy a film under the stars.
- El Paso also boasts of some wonderful restaurants, which include restaurants at the tourist center, The Shops of El Paso. With so many tourists and visitors who come from all over the world to see this beautiful city, the restaurants in the city are buzzing with activity every day. For your holiday needs, El Paso offers an excellent variety of food, ranging from hamburgers to grilled steaks. A hot eatery or a sit down restaurant is located near the tourist center.
- Last but not least, there are a number of activities that you can enjoy during your El Paso vacation. These include guided tours, music and cultural festivals and much more. Aside from these, you can also spend time enjoying the unique San Antonio River Walk.
Some other good number of activities to do during your vacation are horseback riding, golfing, hiking, canoeing, picnic, river rafting, visiting museums, casinos, and more. If you are planning to make a visit to the state capitol, then El Paso has a number of good options for visiting the city and learning about its history. Also, you can enjoy the magic of the El Paso Grand Opera House and Plaza. So, there are several options for a good amount of fun and excitement in your El Paso vacation.
A perfect way to really appreciate a great El Paso vacation is to have a few moments to look around and admire the fine architecture, historical sights and other things. One of the most prominent architectural marvels in the city is the historic Texas State Capitol Building. In fact, the dome of the Capitol is regarded as the grandest landmark in the state capitol complex.
Lastly, when you are taking a trip to El Paso, one way to keep yourself entertained is to visit one of the many theaters that is situated throughout the city. The El Paso Mexican Theater is one of the most popular theaters in the city. It is located in the downtown district of El Paso.
What to Do on Vacation in El Paso
You’ve probably thought about what to do on vacation in El Paso before but may not have had a concrete plan. Since so many people move to Texas every year, there are tons of things to do in the city, whether you are an avid visitor or just passing through. Here are a few suggestions for activities you should plan for when you arrive.
Texas is known for its barbecue. If you like that type of food, you will want to check out a place near or in El Paso. You can pick up a barbecue guide and make a pit at home or order from a restaurant near you. There are so many to choose from and they usually have specials for new visitors, including the new kids in town.
You may also want to try some Texas cuisine when you visit El Paso. There are a number of excellent restaurants that offer different kinds of Mexican dishes. These can be a good option if you love Mexican food or if you simply enjoy great food. This is also a good way to try something new, as well.
Movies are popular in Texas, so you should definitely check out a theater that has something to do with the area. You may want to take a trip to the Texas Film Institute, which offers many types of screenings throughout the year. Many people will travel from other areas just to see this. It’s the ideal time to meet new people or get into some family bonding with your own family.
Fishing and hunting are also popular activities in Texas. In fact, the state is renowned for having one of the best wildlife refuges in the nation. You should definitely plan a vacation that includes this, as well as visiting a state park.
For a tour that is completely self-contained, Texas has many museums to explore. The Tom Miller Museum, for example, is a great place to learn about the region’s history. You may also want to check out the old courthouse or the Fort Bliss Monument. All of these sites are located right in the heart of the city, making it easy to keep your focus on your trip.
El Paso is a wonderful place to go for a vacation. Whether you are visiting in February or October, there are plenty of things to do for all tastes. A vacation in Texas offers everything from BBQ to biking to horseback riding. You can come here to experience the Texas lifestyle, or you can come here to rest up from all the action that is out there.